Restorative Dental Implants
At Shoreline Dental Care, we want to help each of our patients love their smiles. For patients experiencing tooth loss, Dr. Tartagni offers treatment to help restore your natural-looking, comfortable smile with dental implants.
Are Dental Implants Right For Your Smile?
Are you missing one or more of your teeth? Regular brushing, flossing, and preventive checkups allow some people to maintain their natural smiles for a lifetime. However, sometimes our teeth just can’t keep up with our busy lifestyles!
Investing in dental implants as opposed to other types of tooth replacement can benefit you by:
- Providing you with a restoration that has the potential to last for the rest of your life
- A restoration that increases the quality and quantity of bone in your jaw
- Offering the most “realistic” form of restoring missing teeth
- A better return on your investment compared to other dental treatments
If you’ve lost a tooth (or teeth) due to injury or decay, dental implants could be the right solution to help repair your oral health and rejuvenate your smile. Dr. Tartagni is one of the only dentists in the New Haven and Milford to offer surgical dental implant placement.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Replacing your missing teeth has never been as reliable or straightforward as is today with dental implants. Dental implants are titanium posts implanted in your jaw that act as artificial “tooth roots”, permanently anchoring your new tooth, bridge or denture.
Once implanted into your jaw, new bone naturally reforms around the surface to secure it as if the implant were a real tooth. In fact, implants are even regarded to be stronger than healthy teeth. With implant therapy, it’s possible to restore just one missing tooth or even to replace all of your teeth at one time. Each implant is topped with a dental crown, providing a chewing surface and restoring the appearance of the missing tooth.
Types of Dental Implants
- Single Tooth Crowns — One porcelain crown is attached directly over your dental implant and abutment, so that it looks as if you have a new, independent tooth. There’s no need to alter the structure of adjacent teeth for your single implant crown to be placed.
- Multi-Tooth Bridges — Rather than wearing a removable partial denture, we can anchor a simple or extended dental bridge on top of as few as two or three implants. This provides you with a permanent alternative to tooth replacement and allows you to avoid the embarrassment of taking an appliance in and out of your mouth.
- Implant Retained Dentures — If all of your teeth are missing or need to be removed, a denture is one of the most economical and efficient ways to replace all of them at one time. Traditional dentures often feel bulky or take quite a bit of time to feel comfortable with. An implant retained denture can offer extra support inside of your mouth, so that you don’t have to worry about your denture slipping out of place during casual conversations or social events. It even makes it easier to enjoy your meals! Implant supported dentures can be permanently affixed in place, or snap-in-snap-out plates, depending on your specific needs and preferences.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
The simple answer to how much dental implants cost is this: it depends. Just like any surgery, there are numerous factors that can influence the cost of dental implants. We can provide you an accurate estimate after a consultation with Dr. Tartagni. Considerations include:
- The quality, amount, and location of bone. If you require bone grafting, the total costs associated with your implants will be higher.
- The number of teeth that need to be replaced and the type of dental implant that will be used.
- Dental insurance. Some insurances cover only parts of implant treatment, or have a waiting period for eligibility.
If you’re concerned about the cost of dental implants, call our New Haven or Milford, CT dental practice to schedule a free consultation. We’ll take the time to determine whether you’re a good candidate for implants, and discuss all of your financial options with you.
Advanced Dental Implant Placement Techniques
Shoreline Dental Center implements advanced conebeam technology to virtually place your implants before the actual surgery. Using 3D CBCT scanners, we can ensure that the implants are surgically placed in a manner that compliments your natural oral anatomy and the long term success of the procedure. Generally, conebeam scanning permits a quicker surgery, faster recovery time, and less discomfort.
Our implant dentist is a member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Call us today to schedule an exam and imaging to determine whether or not you’re a candidate for the procedure. If you’ve been told in the past that implants weren’t an option, be sure to ask about our bone grafting services.
We provide comprehensive dental implant therapy, including both the surgical placement and restorative phases. The beauty of dental implants is that you can enjoy an artificial tooth that, by design, can last for the rest of your life. Because of their integrity, we can use implants to support single crowns up to entire full-mouth dentures. Our in-house 3D CBCT scanner allows us to virtually plan your surgery for faster placement, quicker recovery time, and minimal discomfort.
In addition, we offer platelet rich fibrin (PRF) treatment, a completely organic option to help speed up the healing process.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consultation With Shoreline Dental Care Today!
If you have questions about dental implants, tooth pain, or any other services Shoreline Dental Care offers, give our office a call.
A consultation with Dr. Tartagni is the perfect way to answer all of your questions and determine if dental implants could be the best solution for your smile!